Oatmeal apple pie cookies
When my friend Maria asked me to make some low-carb treats for her I was thinking what I could do. So I made low-carb brownies with coconut flour and dates as sweetener. No added sugar at all. But still they will never be my favourite. I just keep thinking brownies should be very very bad, sugary and chocolaty. So I also tried something else; oatmeal apple pie cookies. They are an adaptation from the oatmeal cookies I’ve posted before. They have only 1/3 of the sugar that’s in the normal ones!
- 200g rolled oats (fine)
- 100g almonds (or almond flour)
- 2 small apples
- 100g brown sugar
- 100g butter (not to cold)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100g dates (unpitted)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- preheat the oven to 180 degrees. ground the almonds in a kitchen machine until they are like coarse flour.
- blend the dates into a paste in the kitchen machine
- peel and finely chop the apples
- mix the sugar and butter until soft and fluffy. add the egg, cinnamon and dates and mix
- stir in the baking powder, almond flour, apple and oats until combined (don’t stir to long)
- make balls the size of the ball of your palm and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper
- bake in the middle of the oven for app 20 min
- leave to cool
The cookies will stay a bit moist and soft due to the apple.