Triple choc brownies
When Onno and I returned from our honeymoon he had to treat his colleagues (100 of them) at work to celebrate our marriage. So I made two big pans of triple chocolate brownie and delicious caramel bars. The brownies were a big hit and several people have asked Onno if I could post the recipe 🙂 So here it is!
Ingredients (for one pan)
- 275g dark chocolate (ca 70%)
- 275g unsalted butter
- 85g pecans or walnuts
- 85g milk chocolate
- 85g white chocolate
- 175g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 325g caster sugar
- preheat the oven to 170 degrees
- line a 30×20 tin with baking paper
- put a small pan on the stove and boil some water. put the butter in a large metal or glass bowl and add the broken up dark chocolate. place this bowl on top of the pan with boiling water (turn down the heat) so you can melt the butter and chocolate.
- cut the nuts and chocolate into smaller pieces
- sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl and set aside
- remove the melted chocolate from the heat and stir in the sugar. add the eggs and vanilla
- fold in the flour, nuts and chocolate (don’t mix)
- pour the mixture into the tin and place into the oven. let it bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes. it should still be a bit soft on the inside but hardened on the outside.
- allow it to cool in the tin before you cut it